Staying motivated on a slimming diet can be hard. Especially after the initial first few weeks weight loss.
A few helpful tips:
- · Plan your eating plan and shopping week ahead
- · Always have your diet food in the house so you won’t be tempted to eat non diet plan foods
- · Remember your original reason for dieting
- · Keep a photo diary
- · Imagine yourself fitting into a new item of clothing and looking slim
- · Track the food you eat every day
- · Join a support website like fitday
- · Weigh yourself weekly not daily
- · Realise your eating triggers
- · Have a picture of yourself looking fat on your biscuit tin fridge, or temptation area
- · Have smell tin containing strong smelling items like ginger, cloves or a tissue impregnated with perfume.
- · Feeling peckish when you’ve eaten all you should have already? Clean your teeth.
- · Chew gum if you feel peckish between meals
- · Drink some water, water can make you feel full
- · If you haven’t stuck to your diet don’t make it worse by going for broke; just get back on to your diet a.s.a.p.
- · Reward yourself with a non food item, i.e. bubble bath, massage, or meet up with a friend
- · Think who would most like you to stay overweight and diet to spite them